Friday, August 30, 2013

Being a Scorpio Rising

Hey guys  (´◕ω◕`)
For all of my astrological comrades, or those who are not familiar with astrology, let me review what a rising sign is. A rising sign, also known as an ascendant, is the "mask" you wear in public. It's basically a person's first impression of you as well as certain aspects of your appearance  You are able to figure this out by websites that calculate your birth chart (available here) and also by knowing what time you were born. 

Now it must be evident by the title that I am indeed a scorpio rising. Scorpio is a fixed water sign that is ruled by Pluto. Personally I love outer planet risings  (all signs ruled by Saturn and beyond) because it gives that mysterious / ethereal vibe to your appearance but also your vibe. Mine happens to be very alien like.


Many people skeptical about astrology don't seem to understand that your ascendant can be seen through just your appearance alone. Now, look wise, I am not the best example of a scorpio rising because I have a first house stellium (which I'll go over in another post). However its very evident through my photos and my aura. IRL I am a thin, short & have a more childish appearance. URL my photos show me as a curvy, thicker, and more mature. Scorpio is the most sexual sign in the zodiac so it makes sense for a scorpio rising to look more sexual. Along with being the most sexual sign it rules the genitals which can appear in some people by giving them very distinct genitals or a big booty (tbh). Most scorpio risings will have dark, frizzy and sometimes curly hair along with deep/penetrating eyes that could kill.


Katherine Hepburn is a lovely plutonian looking babe.

Putting aside the fun superficial aspect, a rising sign is much more than how you look. It's also about the feeling you give out to others. Most people I have met will tell me they instantly hate me or love me. My presence is strong and will never go unnoticed. Scorpio represents everything mysterious and unknown and that's exactly what people make out of this confusing ascendant. Despite the fact that I am the least threatening person ever (imo) people will still find me intimidating and hard to approach. In my experience my rising sign has given me the gift of seeing through most people's facade and be able to call out bullshit as it comes. Now, I can promise that you guys won't exactly be a prom queen (or king or anything in-between) if you share this rising but I can promise you'll have this special ability. It's the ability to turn on and off this magnetic force of intensity that draws people in. 

Look at the raw sexuality emitting off this beast of a scorpio ascendant man.

Growing up as a scorpio rising it was always difficult for me to make friends. I always had this bubble of intensity no one was able to handle, let alone a elementary school kid. Even in my young adult life people still see me as the "weird girl." This is a stereotype that's hard to come to terms with even with your stone cold scorpion heart (just kidding we are a water sign we HAVE to be emotional). Honestly, not everyone would be able to handle being a scorpio rising. It's hard to make friends, you're almost always intimidating, and you can't handle things that are shallow. This doesn't mean you don't care about your appearance, but in my case it made me impossible to have shallow friendships.

This is definitely not the worst ascendant but if you have this one be prepared for attracting weirdness and scaring away the people you want to be around. It takes time to balance out that intensity with being overly nice, almost compensating, for your RBF. However, it gets easier and once you've come to terms with your intensity you are able to appreciate it more. It has caused me to lose a lot of people in my life who I didn't need. 

Anyways, thanks for reading and if you liked these astrology posts that aren't general but based off my personal experience please let me know on tumblr or here. 

4 comments:

  1. Fellow Scorpio rising here.
    Totally understand you 😊
    Btw I recently found out I was a Scorpio rising which explains so much! My sun is in Libra and even my friends don't see me as a Libra.... too intense 🙃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libra sun,,Scorpio rising.I wonder who ppl see me as

      Delete
  2. Great post. I never realized how aloof I came across as until recently. I always wondered why I'm rarely approached first. Lol I checked out my birth chart and tried to make sense of it (pretty new to astrology) and I found that I have a scorpio ascendant, 2nd decan (scorpio influenced) cancer sun, and I have my sun, mercury and Mars in the 8th house. I don't know if it all ties together but damn, it made sense to me. Especially about how my life is in general. Thankfully, I have Taurus moon as well and I really believe it helps me cope with all the crazy emotions I feel. My 8th house is in Gemini so idk what that means... my mars/venus are also in Gemini. I feel like I'm a crazy Gemini/Scorpio concoction of a human. I know there's more to the chart but from my personal experience lol I mostly act like those 2 signs. �� Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything u said I related too lol. Pisces sun Scorpio rising. Follow me on Instagram aishaniicole

    ReplyDelete